What’s important to know
Marriage commissioner appointments are for a period up to 5 years.
- Vital Statistics monitors the need for marriage commissioners in Alberta communities.
- Communities identified with a need for marriage commissioners are advertised on the Openings page.
- Interested individuals should ensure they are eligible then submit an application. All applications must be received in full on or before the closing date.
- Submissions are reviewed and the individuals selected for interviews are contacted.
- Vital Statistics recommends suitable candidates for appointment.
- Successful candidates are appointed and notified.
Contact this service
8:15 am - 4:30 pm (Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)