Youth Poster Competition
This poster competition encourages young people to learn about their consumer rights and responsibilities and protect themselves from a variety of consumer issues shown below:
- Fundraising for Charities
- Door-to-Door Sales
- Buying Vacation packages
- Renting a place of your own
- Getting and using Credit Cards
- Internet security
- Internet shopping
- Buying a cell phone or computer
- Identity Theft
- Consumer contracts
- Buying a car
The competition is open to youth ages 15 to 18 (within the school year).
Entrants must design an original poster and complete a research questionnaire to become eligible for awards of $1,000, $500 or $250.
Posters and questionnaires will be judged on the following:
- Clear messaging about the consumer topic
- Knowledge of consumer rights and responsibilities
- Empowers consumers
- Originality and innovation
Submissions are no longer being accepted.